Patient Participation Group
Welcome to the May Lane Surgery Patient Participation Group (PPG) webpage. There are two practices within May Lane Surgery, Acorn and Walnut Tree and this is the PPG for both.
The PPG aims to work with the staff and patients of the Acorn and Walnut Tree practices to provide; practical support, input and advice. We aim to help patients take more responsibility for their own health.
- To be a platform for practice staff and patients to discuss topics of mutual interest.
- To provide an opportunity for patients and staff to improve and develop services within the Acorn and Walnut Tree practices.
- To encourage health education within the practices.
- To offer constructive criticism, ideas and suggestions about the practices.
- To support the Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection process. 1
- To be inclusive of the wider population of patients.
The PPG is not a place for complaints or to air grievances. Patient confidentiality is of the utmost importance. We will maintain confidentiality in relation to patients, staff and PPG members. Members should be treated equally and with respect. All views are valid and will be listened to and respected.
We strive to have a representational mix of the patient population of both practices . Currently this is not the case. We are in particular seeking younger members and people with time to carry out actions of the decisions made by the group. If you are interested in joining us, please contact the secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name and contact details, email and telephone)
Meetings are now on Zoom, but members who are not Zoom users can comment on the Agenda and their comments will be included in the notes of the meeting.
Date of Next Meeting
To be arranged
If you are a Carer or know anybody else who is a Carer, please share the information leaflet from Gloucestershire Carers Hub with them.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) is the independent regulator of health and social care in England.
May Lane surgery Patient Participation Group (PPG) is part of a national network of PPGs. The National Association for Patient Participation (NAPP).
To visit the NAPP website click/tap the following link napp.org.uk