Respiratory Disease Nurse
Full or part time considered.
Situated on the edge of the Cotswolds, midway between Gloucester and Bristol, May Lane Surgery is a friendly surgery that consists of two GP Practices; Acorn Practice and Walnut Tree Practice. The practices share an award winning building and work closely together. We are recruiting to a full or part time post for a Respiratory Disease nurse to join our great team of nurses, who work across both practices. We are looking for enthusiastic committed nurse/s to join us in providing high quality care to our patients.
Main duties of the job
To provide and maintain a high standard of nursing care for patients, through the management of respiratory diseases. The focus of the role is both the delivery of evidence-based practice for patients presenting with long-term respiratory conditions, and the provision of preventative health care to the practice population.
For further information or for an informal chat, please contact Tom Sutherland, GP Partner.
- Reports To: Practice Manager
- Hours: 12 hours per week
To ensure all functions and tasks involved in the day-to-day cleaning of May Lane Surgery premises are carried out efficiently and effectively in accordance with agreed procedures and protocols, so that all of our patients enjoy a clean environment and the reputation of May Lane Surgery is enhanced and maintained.
General Cleaning duties
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is achieved covering all required areas of the Surgery on a daily basis.
- Ensure that sufficient deep cleaning of areas is done on a regular basis in accordance with cleaning policies.
- To maintain an excellent working knowledge of cleaning team protocols and procedures, ensuring that the cleaning schedule is followed at all times.
- Ensure the good order and appearance of all patient facilities.
- To report any maintenance issues within the Surgery to the PM as soon as possible.
- To maintain patient dignity and respect at all times.
- Ensure cleaning cupboard and any other cleaner storage areas are always left clean and tidy.
- Follow agreed Practice protocols at all times and not relying on memory.
- To be able to cover other cleaning staff absence.
- Any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the post.
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
- Confidentiality is of the utmost importance, and any breach of confidentiality ( there is no need for cleaners to read anything on office/consulting room desks or screens) will lead to instant dismissal.
For further information or for an informal chat, please contact the Our Business Support Manager, Olga Wolstenholme: